Thursday, April 26, 2012

Its Done!! And Another Twist to the same two patterns has evolved!!

 This took me forever!! The top is fully lined and has sewn in interfacing. The pattern did not require a lining but I thought it best for my taste. I still have to put hook and eyes on the skirt and top but I have to move right along to the next variation.
 This would look a little better if I had the hook and eyes attached. When I changed the pattern to a top I didn't consider that I would need a separating zipper in order to get into the blouse. Ouch!!! I opened up the darts a little rather take the zipper out . Its ok for me but if I made this for someone else I would use buttons like I did in the top you see below. That's a bit of a pain because you need someone to button you up!!!
In this top I added the peplum from B6582 to the top instead. The skirt is the same as above w/o the peplum of course. I have sewn a few other pieces for the show but they are not complete. If I don't get pics before the show I will certainly post pics of the actual show. It's just a small tea party show like last year but I still need to get a lot of sewing done in this small space of time.!!          

Happy Sewing and Have a Blessed Day!!

1 comment:

  1. That is beautiful .. love how you used fabric from the top and incorporated it into the skirt.