Thursday, February 9, 2012

v1250-Near complete!!

This is the near complete dress. I still have to hem the sleeves and the bottom and do a small adjustment in the back area. I am very pleased with it overall and it sewed up extremely fast. I am sure I will make this dress again for the summer. It's a perfect go to dress when you need something in a hurry!!
  I was a little nervous when I was making this dress because I thought it would show too much of my middriff bulge, but it actually fits pretty nice. I will take pictures on Sunday when I am all dressed and ready to go out.  I did have to add a seam in the back because I just couldn't get enough of the front panel moved over to cut both pieces on the fold. You also see where I pinned the back in a little, there was some puckering in the back panel, so I have to do some adjusting. My hips fill this dress a little more than my dressform so there is no adjusting I will be doing there. The fabric is gray and has a little sheen to it. You really can't see it in the picture.
 This knit lace is what I originally was going to overlay the dress with but I changed my mind and I think I am just going to make a throw with sleeves. I have an old one from Talbot's in a cream color that I will duplicate.
 These stones I bought from JoAnn's. At first I was going to sew them to the knit lace, but I think I will string them together for a necklace.... we'll see. I might change my mind and dig in my jewelry box.
And these are the shoes I will be wearing. Can't wait to finish everything!!! I hope it looks nice.

2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I like what you've done so far. I look forward to see the complete outfit and all the accessories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jackie. I have actually finished the dress and now working on the shawl. Can't wait to post the final results. Thanks for the comment!!

      Delete